Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wandering Way

Đường đời dài lắm nẻo đi
Hành trang đã xếp đi đâu phương nào
Mắt nhìn có thấu màn đêm
Ánh trăng chiếu sáng rọi soi con đường.

Writer’s Notes
Letting alone the fact that I received no formal training in writing poetry, I’m scared of having to write one. Unskilled and inexperience, I never thought that I would ever record poems on paper and not even attempt to publish them.

Yet, verses start to pop up in head every once in a while. For the sake of curiosity, I wrote bits and pieces down. And, here they are, finding their way into my blog.

That said, I wrote this particular poem around summertime of this year. It was written in Vietnamese of course. After having much trouble in finding an appropriate Vietnamese title for it, I decided to name it “Wandering Way” in English instead.

Roughly translated, it literally means that life is a crossroad and people are travelers. Under the darkness of the night, one would rely on the moonlight to guide the way.

This poem carries a simple message. The point to get across is that although we walk on a different path of life, we all can seek for guidance and strength from our faith in our most despair time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE RESPECT ONE'S WORK BY CITING THE ORIGINAL SOURCE.