Saturday, December 29, 2007

Peaceful Notre-Dame

Tượng Nữ Vương Hòa Bình
tại
Vương Cung Thánh Đường Chánh Tòa Đức Bà Sài Gòn

Peaceful Notre-Dame statue at Saigon's Notre-Dame Cathedral
(Photo by Mei)

Even though I’m not being able to recall the exact date, I remember that summer day in August well. It was damp and cloudy. My camera refused to take the picture due to low light and off focus problems. It was then that I prayed really hard to the Peaceful Notre-Dame asking her for allowing me to take the photo.

In the end, the camera shuttle finally went off and the above picture is the result of how it turned out. Surprisingly beautiful, isn’t it?

At first, I have thought of presenting the edited black and white version of the Peaceful Notre-Dame statue picture for simplicity with a sense of nostalgia. But, I have decided to present the original instead. Although the sky was not as clear blue, the rawness of dark gray clouds covered blue sky seemed to be more fitting.

As violence and the injustices occur daily around the world, the hope for peace seems to be fading away. One would be living in despair. Yet, behind those dark gray clouds of the moment is the blue-colored sky of peaceful hope. Thus, let’s pray for the blessing of peace for the upcoming year and many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE RESPECT ONE'S WORK BY CITING THE ORIGINAL SOURCE.