Saturday, January 18, 2020

Grandpa

In the middle of winter
Suddenly comes spring
Ùa về ký ức cũ
Ôm chầm lấy người thân

Writer's Notes
(Ông) Ngoại mất vào những ngày giáp Tết, một tuần sau khi gia đình sang đến Hoa Kỳ định cư. My grandpa died at the approaching of Lunar New Year, just one week after our family had immigrated to the States.

Giữa cái rét lạnh mùa đông, tất cả mọi thứ đều mới mẻ. In the midst of winter, everything is new, even at the news of his passing away. I tried, but couldn’t recall the numbness feeling at the moment. I'm not sure that I knew how to grieve then. Đâu đó trong dòng suy nghĩ có chút gì in denial, là Ngoại vẫn 'còn đó' ở Việt Nam.

And that was just that until fifteen years later on. Trong một chuyến đi về Việt Nam, I began to realize that Ngoại ở trong tôi, I'm his continuation...

Và trên là vài dòng thương nhớ ngoại nhân his death anniversary. Missing you much, grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE RESPECT ONE'S WORK BY CITING THE ORIGINAL SOURCE.