Monday, May 25, 2009

My Dad's Garden

Morning sunlight shimmering reflected off the night's dew drops holding on strong to the tips of freshly cut blades of emerald green grass. . . Early summer breeze blows gently, carried along the sweet scent of lilacs. . . Colorful annual sundial flowering buds open up toward the sky. . . Ah~ how beautiful and relaxing. . .

Backstory - The Introduction
Instead of creating another blog to help my Dad cataloging his gardening notes, I have decided to "rent out a space" here at 6B Production for the purpose of easy maintaining. Besides, I could make use of some extra blogging entries since I do not blog on a daily basic anyway.

But, hey, I should at least get credit for spending hours of free labor after work and on weekends helping him out with his garden. And trust me! Wait until you get to know my Dad, he is not an easy person to please.

With that being said, my Dad and I are just novice gardeners. We enjoy planting for the fun of it and much appreciation of nature at its best - the sun, the wind, the flowers. . .

At the base of the river birch tree (cây bạch dương đỏ) surrounding with
colorful annual sundial flowers (hoa mười giờ)

Look And You Will Find. . .
Can you spot "a tree face" in the above picture?
(Hint: An elephant uses this to wipe its eye.)

Với cái giá lạnh của miền Đông Bắc Mỹ, hoa mười giờ chỉ có thể khoe sắc trong ba tháng Hè mà thôi. Cho nên, hằng năm, hể trời vừa ấm lên sau khi Xuân sang thì má của Mỹ thường ra thăm chợ hoa ở các siêu thị địa phương hoặc/và nursery (garden center) ở các cửa hàng bán lẻ vật liệu xây dựng để tìm mua hoa mười giờ. Tại sao phải là hoa mười giờ? Đơn giản chỉ là chút nào gợi nhớ một lọai hoa cảnh từng quen thuộc ở Việt Nam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE RESPECT ONE'S WORK BY CITING THE ORIGINAL SOURCE.