Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happinest

“Cá biết nguồn về thăm nghĩa cội.
Chim dầu xa tổ nhớ ơn cây.”
mother bird sheltering her nest on the crabapple tree
Happinest - Tổ Ấm
Photo by Mei

To my extended family, thank you for being a part of my life. I love you all. And I believe that if we all be able to give and forgive, we will find the utmost happiness in life.

Writer's Notes
This picture was taken in my backyard back in mid-August of 2006, right after I was back from my trip to Viet Nam. The photo helps me to reflect on the purpose of my trip and realize the blessing of having a family to come back to.

Given name "Happinest" is the concatenation of the word “happy” and the word “nest”. In its concatenate form, it is spelled and pronounced like the word “happiness”, which truly describes my feeling at the time when I looked deeply at the picture to find myself surrounded by the love, support and understanding from everyone of my extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE RESPECT ONE'S WORK BY CITING THE ORIGINAL SOURCE.